Monday, April 30, 2007

Surfer's Paradise

After all the sightseeing and culture that we have immersed ourselves in, we decided it might be nice to just have a few beach days (I know, tough life, right?) After some mild convincing, Stevie G joined us for 5 days in Surfer's Paradise, a little slice of gorgeous beaches in Queensland.


Throughout the four months we've been gone, we've stayed in accommodations that have truly run the gamut - lets just say that the Q1 tower in Surfer's paradise was among the best - EVER. Here are a few shots of and from our apartment:


Before we arrived on Sunday, April 22nd, I gave our new friends Matt & Sarah a call, who happened to be in Surfer's Paradise at the time. Sarah mentioned something about going to hold a Koala the next day, and after I stopped shrieking, I calmly asked if I could join them. Here is my new friend George!

Here's another picture of the animal sanctuary we were visiting:

And of a little party we threw in our apartment:

And some of my favorites from the rest of our time there:

3 comments:

~wanda said...

oh my goodness, that picture of you and the koala is PRICELESS!!!! i cant wait to see all your pics and here your stories in person SOON!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow babe...the pics are great! Can't wait to see you in person...
8 DAYS!!!!
Mom & Dad

Unknown said...

How cute is that little bear! Can't wait to see you!! you look goregous.. xoxoxoxoxoxo...